This past Monday I completed the teaching portion of lab D with my final yoga lesson. For this lesson technology was incorporated through the use of a Youtube video displaying different partner yoga positions. Although the display was smaller than I would have liked the students were able to get the idea of the poses from the picture. Also, the sound it the big gym was lower than I would have liked so I wound up repeating what was said on the video. From this experience I learned that technology should be rehearsed and back-ups should be around to fall on if problems exist.
At the beginning of the lesson students were given different task cards with various yoga postures on each and played a game of tag utilizing these cards as instant activity. These cards were used to show students other poses that we may not necessarily get to go over and later were used to split the class into partners. The dividing of the class using these cards with partnered postured made the transition to the next activity easy and free from confusion. The problem I did encounter however, was an uneven number of students leaving one alone. As a result I worked with this student as much as possible but had trouble being ass attentive as I would have liked.
Overall the lesson went as planned, but I forgot to mention the cues for the partner poses and therefore had trouble checking for understanding at the close of my lesson. Next time I will have to print a paper to carry with cues and reminders for my lesson as forgetting important aspects seems to happen often when I teach.
As with the past lesson I have included my Feedback Analysis Form that shows how the feeback given in this lab is not much different than the last, and I can definately give the students way more feedback related to the focus of the lesson. The Lesson Plan was definately an improvement over the last one, yet somehow I to add my name! The Time Coding Form shows a definate improvement in how my time was used by increasing my activity time. The transcript shows an improvement also. I sound much more comfortable teaching the lesson, yet I still need to work on decreasing the number of "alrights" used in starting my sentences. In all this lesson was an improvement to the last and I hope to see further improvement.
For the end of Lab D all materials were put together from Lab C to create a packet on the country and unit taught. To find more out about my Yoga Unit and China see the Yoga A, Yoga B, and Yoga C componants of the packet.